What to expect on your first viSit?
Your initial appointment usually will consist of an examination, a review of your medical history, a periodontal exam, a head and neck evaluation, an oral cancer screening, x-rays updates, a dental cleaning and a review of your treatment options if necessary. The first visit to our office is when we get to know you and the information obtained in this visit will help us customize a comprehensive dental plan that is best for you.
This visit, including your dental cleaning with one of our hygienists, should take approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. To expedite the time required to complete your initial examination visit, please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Complete your new patient information online or bring a completed copy of this to us on the day of your appointment.
- Any x-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable. The best way to transfer x-rays to our office is by email at [email protected]
- A list of medications you are presently taking. (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.)
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.